26th Season of IWC (2019-2020)
The Indianapolis Women's Chorus is pleased to announce its second women's choral composition contest. Composers are invited to submit compositions to Indianapolis Women’s Chorus for performance at a regular IWC concert and a monetary award.
Emerging Voices 2019-2020 Announcement
Categories/Eligibility (for detailed information about each category, click on the category title)
TEEN / TEEN GROUP
- Young Adult applicants must be ages 18-25 but not yet in graduate school as of October 1, 2019.
- Young Adult applicants must live 75%+ of the year in Indiana (this may include being enrolled in an Indiana college or university).
- Young Adult applicants must be female (including trans women).
- Submissions will be accepted through October 1, 2019. All submissions must be received by 11:59 PM on October 1, 2019.
Teen Group Eligibility
- Teen applicants must be ages 15-19 but not yet in college as of May 15, 2020.
- Teen applicants must be residents of the state of Indiana.
- Teen applicants must be female (including trans women).
- Submissions will be accepted through May 15, 2020. All submissions must be received by 11:59 PM on May 15, 2020.
- Two or more teens working collaboratively on a composition may submit in this category.
- Age and other requirements as outlined above for the TEEN category apply to this category as well.
- Submission deadline are the same as the TEEN category.
Updated on August 9, 2019